Friday, March 7, 2014

Alien ReAction

 There is a new Figure on the market, we it's an old figure, just New to the Market.
Based on 1979 prototypes which were never manufactured. . . Until Now!
As soon as I saw them I had to have them. My brother picked me up Kane, I'm also going to get the "ALIEN". Those two will be opened, I'm also planing to get the complete set MIB (For those of you who don't know that's collector lingo for Mint In Box) and it will stay MIB! I'd like to get the pail blue version of the Alien as well. Just for the prototype "look". Later on I'll try to get some of the Toy Fair Exclusives, not too hard to find, but expensive.
Now These figures are literally retro so, five points of articulations, bad sculpts, by today's standards. So what's the appeal? It's sort of like discovering an old toy you forgot about, but better than that. You can make new memories. It's like never hearing of star wars action figures until you were an adult. And sure modern toys are better in some ways, but retro action figure have all there own magic. A Reminder of a bygone time that will never be again, an because a lot of us have a part of us from that time. It holds a special place in our hearts. Now I've been working on a Time Machine for years, but until it's done I think this will be the closest many of us will get. We can play with these figures and imagine our self in a past that could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment